Bladnoch Distillery

RSS Home Page

Bladnoch Distillery is situated in Galloway southwest Scotland, 26 miles southeast of Stranraer, 54 miles southwest of Dumfries, 1 mile southwest of Wigtown.

Map / DG8 9AB . Area Click On Map . Large Images . Website .

This is an interesting attraction on the Whithorn peninsular (the Machars). The drive around is about 45 miles, a full day when visiting all the attractions.

Bladnoch is a Single Malt Scotch whisky.

1817 - the distillery was built for John and Thomas McClelland.

1878 - the distillery was extended to produce more whisky.

1890s - all other distilleries in Galloway closed during hard times.

1957 - Bladnoch Distillery closed .

1960s - Bladnoch re-opened with a number of different owners over the following years, including Bells from 1983 to 1987.

1993 - Bladnoch was closed by the United Distillers Group.

2000 - Bladnoch was re-opened by the Irishman Raymond Armstrong, who had seen the distillery when on holiday to Galloway in 1994.

2009 - Bladnoch 8 year old single malt is sold.

2014 - Bladnoch Distillery goes into liquidation.

2015 - Bladnoch is bought by the Australian David Prior.

2016 - the distillery is modernized.

2016 - stocks at the distillery are used to produce the Samsara, 15 year old Adela, and 25-year old Talia.

2017 - the distillery is re-opened with a visitor centre.

The Bladnoch Inn is situated across the road from the distillery, popular for drinks and meals, also with outside seating for warm days.

Bladnoch Distillery Images
  --