The Oban Distillery is situated on the
centre of Oban.
The Distillery is open for visits most
of the year with a Bar, Shop, and Tours.
Postcode: PA34 5NH.
See also a large Click On
Map for the area Towns and Top
The image top is of the Oban Distillery,
right in the centre of the Town with Shops and
Cafes all around.
The other images are of the Entrance, Bar,
Shop, and Museum.
The Shop has a good selection of Whisky,
Clothing, and Souvenirs.
The Oban Distillery produces Single Malt
Whisky from 12 to 32 years, about £20 to £2,000
List of all Whisky Distillers in Scotland
that can be visited.
The Oban Distillery History
1794 - The Oban Distillery was built by
brothers John and Hugh Stevenson.
1866 - the Distillery was sold to Peter
1883 - the Distillery was bought by Walter
Higgin, who rebuilt the Distillery.
1898 - Alexander Edward took control of the
Distillery. Edward also owned the Aultmore
Distillery at that time, when Distilleries were
struggling to run at a profit.
1923 - The Oban Distillery was taken over by
1925 - Dewars was taken over by the
1931 to 1937 - The Oban Distillery was shut
1969 to 1972 - The Oban Distillery was shut
1989 - the Visitor Centre was opened, soon
becoming a top attraction in this busy tourist
1997 - Diagio took control of
The Oban Distillery, giving them 12 Distilleries
in Scotland with Visitor Centre's.