is situated 4 miles southwest of George
Square / Glasgow Centre.
Pollok House is situated in a vast
estate with many scenic walks and
jogging areas around the house, that
are free to use. Tours of inside the
house have a small entrance fee.
Pollok House was built for the
Maxwell's in 1752, and remained in that
family until Anne Maxwell Macdonald
gifted the house, art collection, and
land to the City of Glasgow in 1966.
The National Trust for Scotland, took
over the running of the house in
The top floor family rooms are
packed full of period furniture, and
one of the UK's finest collection of
Spanish art, including paintings by El
Greco, Goya, and Murillo. Downstairs,
the large servants quarters show what
it was like to run a large country
house. There is a cafe, also with
Regular Buses and
Trains run from the city centre,
although there is about a one mile walk
from the entrance of the park to Pollok
House. Taxi prices from Glasgow centre
are about £13 each way Tel: 0141
Pollok House is not on the Tour
Bus route . Pollok
House Google Map . Postcode: G43
1AT . Tel: 0844 493 2202.
Pollok House & Maxwell