The image top is of the main Car Park in the
Village, a short distance up the Main Street
from the Bridges. There are Wood Carvings at
the Car Park and Information Boards for
Attractions and Walks in the area.
The Village centre has two Hotels, Cafes,
and a few small Shops, with an Artist Studio
and an Arts and Crafts shop.
The Old Bridge crossing the River Dulnain is
the top attraction in Carrbridge. Known as the
Old Packhorse Bridge, or Coffin Bridge, it was
built in 1717 to allow funerals to cross the
River in all weather to reach Duthil Church.
This is claimed to be the oldest Stone Bridge
in the Highlands.
There had been a Church at Duthil 2 miles
east of Carrbridge since the 1400s. Duthil
Church in now home to the Clan Grant
Centre. Carrbridge Parish Church was not built
The Carrbridge Hotel overlooks the
Old and New Bridges, and the Golf Course. This
Hotel began as an Inn in 1803 as a stopover for
Horse Drawn Coaches.
Course is across the road from the
Carrbridge Hotel, opened in 1980.
The Cairn Hotel is
also in the Village centre on the Main
Carrbridge Parish Church is a short walk up
the Main Street by the main Car Park, built in
Adventure Park is at the south end of the Main
Street with an Aerial Assault Course, Dinghy
Slides, Dinosaur Kingdom with life size moving
Dinosaurs, large Kids Play, Optical Illusions,
Roller Coaster, real high Wooden Towers, Tarzan
Trail, and more.
1400s - Clan Grant gained vast areas of land
in this area with them building Freuchies
Castle 11 miles east of Carrbridge by the Town
of Grantown on Spey. Freuchies Castle was later
1400s - a Church is built at Duthil 2 miles
east of Carrbridge as the main Church for the
area at that time. This Church contains the
Graves and Mausoleums of Grant's of Castle