The image top is of Coldstream
Bridge leading into England, completed in
1767. Many tour buses drop tourists off at one
side so as to let them walk across into the
other country. There was a Marriage House by
the Bridge in the 1700s and 1800s for runaway
weddings, similar to Gretna
The second image is of the Marjoriebanks
Monument by the River Tweed on the east side of
the town centre, a Scottish Liberal politician
from 1832 to 1833.
Henderson Park is in the town centre next to
the High Street with great views over the River
Tweed, and east towards the Bridge. The
Memorial at the Park was erected in 1960 to
mark the 300th anniversary of the Coldstream
The stone Memorial in the Park was presented
to the Coldstream Guards on the day they
received the freedom of the Burgh, 10th August
The Clock Tower is just off the High Street,
across the road from Henderson Park. The Clock
Tower now serves as a Sports Bar. This building
was constructed in 1846 to be used as a Free
Church, with the Clock Tower added in 1891.
The Parish Church is in the middle of the
High Street, built in 1718.
The Newcastle Arms
Hotel is next to the Parish Church.
The Coldstream War Memorial is across the
road from the Newcastle Arms Hotel.
The Castle Hotel is
on the west end of the High Street.
The scenic Coldstream Market Square is down
behind the Parish Church following Market
Street. This is where the Coldstream Guards
departed from in 1660 to march on London to
restore the Stuart
Museum is at the Market Square giving
information on the Town and the Coldstream
Club is on the west side of the Town, with
visitors welcome. The Club was founded in
is on the west side of the Town with about a
one mile walk /drive from the main road. The
Estate is popular for Walks, Pond, Craft Shop,
Cafe, and Museum.
Hirsel Estate was once owned by the Home
Family with the most famous member being
Douglas-Home, 14th Earl, who was Prime
Minister in 1963.