1822 - the Celedonian Canal opened linking
Loch Ness, Loch Lochy, and Loch Linnhe,
allowing travel by boat between Fort
William and Inverness.
1916 - James Cameron reports that an
enormous animal sufaced close to him on Loch
1933 - George Spicer and his wife from
London were visiting the area when thay saw a
strange animal cross the road and go into Loch
1934 - the Surgeon Kenneth Wilson takes a
photo claiming to show a monster surfacing on
1957 - Constance Whyte pubished a book
covering over 60 sightings of Nessie.
1960 - Tim Dinsdale takes a 4 minute film
that became the best evidence of Nessie at that
1960 - the first large scientific
investigation is carried out on Loch Ness.
1972 - an underwater camera of the Accademy
of Applied Science captures an image that looks
like the flipper of a large animal.
1979 - the original Loch Ness Exhibition
1985 - the Loch Ness Lodge Hotel opens
Nessieland with a monster exhibition, cafe,
gift shop, and boat tours on Loch Ness.
1986 - Operation Deepscan was carried out
with 19 boats with sonar traveling down Loch
Ness at the same time. The operation cost about
£1 million and came to the conclusion they made
3 contacts said to be larger than a shark, but
smaller than a whale.
1991 - Steve Feltham moved to
Loch Ness to become a full time Nessie Hunter,
living in a Campervan.
1993 - three different sightings of Nessie
were reported on the same night.
1998 - a new Visitor Centre with a large car
park was opend at Urquhart
Castle to cope with the vast increase in
1999 - the new Loch Ness Exhibition Centre was
opened by Sir Ranulph Fiennes with a large car
park for cars and the many tour buses.
2002 - the 78 mile / 125 kilometre Great Glen Way
walking route between Fort William and
Inverness opened, leading to a large number of
walkers passing through Drumnadrochit.
2018 - The Loch Ness Lodge Hotel and
Nessieland were put up for sale.
2018 - rsearch.uk visited Loch Ness at
Drumnadrochit but failed to spot Nessie.
However, photos of Nessie replicas at the Loch
Ness Centre, Nessieland, and at the Fort
Augustus canal locks were obtained.