The image top is from Kelso Bridge, built in
1754, looking west to Floors Castle, one of the
top visitor attractions in the Borders.
The second image is from Kelso Bridge
looking north to Kelso Abbey about 200 yards,
and the Market Square about another 200 yards
past the Abbey.
There is a Riverside Path from the Bridge
towards Floors Castle, although that path stops
at the wall to the Castle.
Abbey is on Bridge Street leading to the
Market Square, built from the 1100s and left to
fall into ruin after Catholic Worship was
banned in Scotland in the 1560s. This a now a
scenic peaceful place to relax.
Hotel is between the Abbey and Market
Square on Bridge Street. This former Mansion
was built in 1751 by the architect James Nisbet
for James Dickson,
a native of Kelso, who made his fortune in
Kelso Market Square is the centre of Town
with the Town Hall, built in 1816, and Cross Keys Hotel,
built in 1761, being the most notable
buildings. This is the largest Market Square in
Scotland, still used for a Farmers Market most
4th Saturdays of each month.
Shedden Park is a short walk east of the
Market Square with Vast Grasslands and a
Kelso Golf Club
is under 1 mile north of the Market Square on
Golf Course Road. The Course was founded in
1913 to designs of James Braid.