Loch Lomond Shores is 25 miles northwest of
at the south end of Loch Lomond, with a multi
complex for shopping, cafes, restaurants, kids
play, crazy golf, birds of prey centre, climb
zone high in the trees, beach with many types
of boats for hire including pedalos, and a
large circular aquarium with a cafe at the top
for great views over Loch Lomond. Shops List. Postcode:
Click on Map for area
Camping & Touring Parks in
The image top is of the Slip where you can
launch your Boat, Jet Ski or other.
The Paddle Steamer is the Maid of the Loch that
entered service here in 1953.
The Paddle Steamer has been used as a Cafe
since 2000, but is now being restored so it can
be used for trips on the Loch once again.
Loch Lomond Shores Links:
Click on the Postcodes for Maps and
Loch Lomond Shores website: lochlomondshores.com
Maid of the
Loch Paddle Steamer at Loch Lomond Shores
SEA LIFE Loch
Lomond Aquarium G83 8QL
Tree Zone at
Loch Lomond Shores G83 8QL
Loch Lomond Bird of Prey
Centre . G83 8QL
Loch Lomond Water
Ski Club . G83 8QX
at Balloch half of a mile south G83 8SS
Waterbus with a stop at Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Pony
Trekking 1 mile west G83 8QY
Loch Lomond Shores History:
The Pier at Loch Lomond Shores has been the
main attraction on Loch Lomond since tourism
escalated in the 1800s, with Steamers departing
from the Pier.
Between 1818 and 1981, there were 22 Paddle
Steamers operated on Loch Lomond.
1818 - the 60 ft wooden Paddle Steamer
Marion is the first pleasure Steamer on Loch
1836 - Paddle Steamer Loch Lomond entered
service on Loch Lomond, the first metal
1850 - the Train link is opened between
Glasgow and Balloch increasing tourist
1953 - the Maid of the Loch Paddle Steamer
enters service on Loch Lomond.
The Maid of the Loch was the last and
largest Paddle Steamer on Loch Lomond. It had
to be built in sections in Glasgow, taken to
Balloch by Train, then built at Balloch.
1954 - Paddle Steamer Prince Edward is
withdrawn from service.
1981 - the Maid of the Loch is withdrawn
from service and laid up at Loch Lomond
Prince Edward & the Maid of the Loch
were the last two paddle steamers on Loch
1982 - MV Countess Fiona is the first of the
diesel engine Ships to operate on Loch
1989 - MV Countess Fiona is withdrawn from
service on Loch Lomond.
Sweeney Cruises based at Balloch have since
been the main operator of Motor Vessels for
Cruises on Loch Lomond.
2000 - Maid of the Loch is restored to serve
as a cafe / restaurant / party / wedding
2002 - Loch Lomond Shores multi complex is
2016 - funding is secured to restore the
Maid of the Loch so it can again be used for
Cruises, expected to take many years to
Loch Lomond Paddle