The top image is of the Main Road north
running through Sconser with the Ferry Terminal
on the right. This small Village has a few
B&Bs, Self Catering properties, and the 9
hole Isle of Skye Golf Club on the south
The second image is of the Ferry Slip and
room. Ferries run every hour taking about 25
minutes to cross to Raasay. You just turn up
and go on these Ferries, buying a ticket before
Raasay has a
number of attractions such as a Distillery and a number of
Raasay House is
the main Accommodation on the Island with a
range of activities such as Archery, Tours, Sea
Kayaking, Sailing, Loch Kayaking, Rock
Climbing, Gorge Walking, Abseiling, and Bird
Raasay House was built for a branch of Clan
MacLeod from 1747.
Mountain is a popular hike on the north
side of Sconser. This is a steep hike with
scree in the steepest places, with the top
giving amazing views.
1500s - a large House was built for Clan
Macleod on Raasay, for the head of that branch
of the Clan.
1746 - the original Clan House on Raasay was
burned by Government Troops after that branch
of Clan MacLeod fought at the Battle of
Culloden. Clan MacLeod on Skye supported the
Govenment at the time of Culloden, so never
took part in the Battle.