Gardens are situated 2 miles
northwest of George Square / Glasgow
Images of the Botanic Gardens.
The Glasgow Botanic Gardens were
built for the Glasgow botanist Thomas
Hopkirk in 1817, at the western end of
In 1842, the Gardens were moved to
this larger site, a short distance
further northwest, in the Kelvinside
area of Glasgow's West End. The Gardens
were then opened to members of the
Royal Botanic Institution of Glasgow,
with the Public allowed to visit at
Weekends for a small charge. The
Gardens are now open most days to
Everyone Free of Charge.
The Gardens are on the Tour
Bus route FREE Admission . Google
Glasgow Botanic Gardens postcode:
G12 0UE. Tel: 0141 276 1614.
Website . Wiki
Page . Reviews