1295 - John Balliol awarded these lands to
the McDouall family. This led to the building
of Castle Balzieland that was destroyed by fire
in the early 1500s.
1702 - Logan House mansion was completed for
1800 - the Walled Garden was completed to
grow vegetables and fruit for the Mansion.
1869 - Agnes Buchan Hepburn married James
McDouall, leading to her transforming the
Gardens with exotic plants and trees from their
own vacations, and from World Explorers of the
1969 - the Gardens were gifted to the
Nation, with the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
taking control under the name Logan Botanic
Logan House, about 1 mile north, has its own
Gardens that are also open to the public.
The McDouall's invested a lot of money in
Port Logan village.