The image top is of the south side of
Newtonmore with the Clan Macpherson Museum where
the road leads right to Laggan and Fort
William, and left to Perth.
The Museum opened in 1952, covering Clan Macpherson
from the 800s, through the Jacobite
Risings, and up to today.
The Glen Hotel
is by the Museum, with a popular diner and
outdoor seating for hot days.
Antlers Cafe is one of a number of Cafes and
Restaurants along the Main Street.
The Wildcat Centre
is in the middle of the Main Street, giving
information on Walks around the Village. There
are also 132 painted Wildcat Models around the
Village you can look for.
St Brides Parish
Church is just off the Main Street, up Glen
Road, with the earliest parts built from
Bike Worx is on
the Main Street for Sales, Hire, and
Club is off the Main Street on Golf Course
Road. This course was founded in 1893.
The Balavil Hotel
is at the north end of the Main Street with a
Restaurant and Indoor Pool.
The Highland Folk Museum is on the
north side of Newtonmore. The Museum gives
information on how people lived in the
Highlands from the 1700s - 1950s. The Museum
opened in 1935 on the Isle of Iona, was moved
to Laggan on the Mainland in 1939, then to
Kingussie in 1944, then to Newtonmore in
The Spey Bridge
Caravan and Camping Park is on the south side
of the Village.
Distillery is 10 miles south of Newtonmore
on the road south to Perth, with a Shop and
Tours can be taken.
for Biking and Walking is 10 miles southwest of